HOW ARE WE GONNA MAKE GLOBAL SUSTAINABLE IMPACT?
With an overarching system that covers all facets of sustainability, is workable for any kind of organization and that collects all data of existing certifications, labels and standards so that we get real insights thru the data of every industry and every product in every country.
How we did it:
- We collected all information about the most relevant certificates, ISO standards and labels all over the world on sustainability
- We made a separation between organization & product level and subdivided the existing certifications, standards and labels in organization level and product level.
- We checked and compared all the reporting systems that there are and based the overarching system on the GRI (Global Reporting Initiative) and the ISO9001 High Level Structure.
- We determined all facets of sustainability on organizational level: CSR, SRP, CO2 reduction, Circular economy and so the House of Sustainability was born. A complete overarching sustainability standard to achieve worldwide insight and applied sustainability.
- The CSR pillar is based on the ISO26000, the SRP pillar is based on the ISO20400, the CO2 reduction pillar is based on the ISO14064-1 and the Circular economy pillar is based on the BS8001.
- We determined all facets of sustainability on product level:
- Environmental, Circular & Health and created overarching generic product measure methods with the standards:
- The Sustainable Product Footprint that consists of 3 parts: Environmental Product Footprint, Circular Product Footprint & the Health Product Footprint. The 3 parts are able to be achieved individually or in combination. We developed the product footprints with Royal Haskoning DHV & SGS.
- Third Party Assessment
- We requested independent certification bodies as Control Union certifications and CPlus certificeringen to become the independent certification body for the GSES System globally to secure the external audits and we requested the RvA evaluation for the GSES System.
So… short summary: The Global Sustainable Enterprise System (GSES®) is an international generic sustainable standard that has been set up to support organizations in making their organization and products more sustainable and making them and the supply chain visible and traceable. The GSES® system is:
- Workable for any kind of organization
- Open source
- Can be used universally with existing certifications, initiatives and labels
- GSES® scheme has been submitted to the RvA for evaluation (Accreditation Board)
- Third party assessment
- Represented in 77 countries
Reach Applied Sustainability with the GSES System on the online platform in 7 steps:
- Upload your exemptions
- Invite your suppliers for the assessment
- Based on your exemptions you know exactly which assessment of the House of Sustainability you need
- GSES assessment (CSR, SRP, CO2 reduction, Circular Economy, Circular Product Footprint, Health Product Footprint, Environmental Product Footprint
- Get third party validated
- Share your sustainablility dashboard online and offline
- Sustainability applied as USP
All data that is published by organizations and is third party validated is exported to the Global Sustainable Database. The database is free accessible for everybody online.
Why we create the Sustainable database:
- To increase demand of costumers for sustainable products
- To have a good overview of sustainable innovation problems per industry
- To have a complete overview of the real baseline of companies and organizations on the SDGs and sustainability standards
- To make the circular transition possible
- To create a whole new frame of reference for sustainable business and behavior worldwide