GSES (Global Sustainable Enterprise System) recently joined forces with the Johan Cruijff ArenA to host an inspiring Sustainability Marathon. The event brought together thought leaders, industry experts, and sustainability enthusiasts to explore innovative solutions and share insights on creating a more sustainable future.
- Net Positive Ambition: Tanja Dik, CEO of the Johan Cruijff ArenA, shared their roadmap journey towards becoming net positive by 2030. The integration of sustainability standards with GSES marked a significant step towards achieving their goals.
- SDG Advocacy: Ruud Koornstra, SDG 7 Coordinator for the Kingdom of The Netherlands, ignited the crowd with enthusiasm, encouraging collective action for a greener future. His motivational speech resonated with the audience and set a positive tone for the event.
- GSES Platform Enhancements: Kelly Ruigrok, CEO & Founder of GSES, unveiled new features within the platform, celebrating the achievements of the past year. Notably, the Asset module was launched by Sol Agüero, allowing measurements for buildings, batteries, and technologies.
- Asset Module: Sol Aguero, project manager at GSES launched the Asset module on the GSES platform enabling measurements for buildings, batteries and technologies.
- Nature Impact Rating: Shivalika Madgulkar, Product Manager at GSES, introduced the Nature Impact Rating for Food and Cosmetics. This scalable solution enables retailers to measure circular, environmental, and health footprints of products in a comprehensive manner.
- SDG Region Dashboards: Oriane Wiser, EU Program Manager at GSES, shed light on SDG region dashboards. The EU Project SD-WISHEES PROJECT and the impact calculation of the Johan Cruijff ArenA on Gemeente Amsterdam were highlighted, emphasizing the commitment to sustainable development.
Community Impact: The Sustainability Marathon showcased tangible results, including the repurposing of 148 old Nissan Leaf batteries in a circular arrangement. The impact of initiatives, such as the local biodigester, was made visible through the Data for good platform’s upcoming SDG Impact Dashboard, demonstrating societal benefits in various aspects.
Closing Thoughts: The event left attendees feeling optimistic and energised, thanks to Ruud Koornstra’s takeaways emphasizing the importance of ambition, actions, and measurement in achieving sustainable goals. GSES expresses gratitude for the warm welcome and looks forward to future collaborations with the dynamic team at the Johan Cruijff ArenA.
Conclusion: GSES remains at the forefront of sustainable enterprise solutions, driving positive change in collaboration with visionary partners like the Johan Cruijff ArenA. The Sustainability Marathon served as a platform to celebrate achievements, share insights, and inspire collective efforts towards a more sustainable and resilient future.
For more information visit: https://gses-system.com/